Twenty-One. "All-time Favorite Picture of Myself and Why."
Day 21.
I thought this would be easier for me then it turned out to be. I forgot how many pictures I have of myself! haha. For being a person who rarely takes self-portraits, I was kind of surprised.
Can you think of a time when you felt really beautiful? Like really really beautiful? We're talkin princess...
Everything's perfect. The dress, the hair, you smelled good, your nails looked great, you swear that people gasp when you walk by?
Ok. well I can think of one night especially when I felt like this. I was 18 years old. A senior in highschool. It was the night of our Youth Group Spring Formal. I dont really remember a lot about the day itself, but I do remember my hair falling magically into place. It was a total shocker because it actually turned out beautiful with some measly headband that I bought at Kmart. I also remember that my gorgeous white tulle skirted dress fit me like a stinkin glove. GLOVE. Like, if I ate a cupcake, it would pop off....perfectly. I was wearing this beyond amazing Lia Sophia necklace that my sister had bought me for my 18th birthday. Also, my shoes fit me like Barbie shoes. You know, like the ones that you have to twist and turn on the poor rubber Barbie foot? Like, by the end of the night my feet were about to fall off from poor circulation. Oh, but they were worth it.
What made it best though...
Was a guy who thought I really was the bees knees. According to him, I was the "girl of his dreams". I walked into the church, my little "click-click" high heels clicking on the tile. I heard him playing the piano, and when he walked out of the sanctuary, I will never forget his face. His face is what really made me feel beautiful. I knew that what he was feeling was more than his words could convey. He had this amazingly gorgeous corsage for me that people joked as being practically a bouquet. It only added to my ever-present happiness. That night was our first real date. It was the first time when I felt that feeling like, "He is here with me." I'm getting all giggly at the memory.
The theme of the evening was "Old Hollywood" and all of the Seniors were treated like movie stars. To relive it all for you, would be long and tedious, but suffice it to say there was a limo, amazing food, and time spent with a boy that I had already fallen in love with.
All those feelings I felt on that night. All of that joy and excitement that was bottled up inside me. All of the little sparks I felt. The tight dress, the painful shoes, that perfect boy. It is all so glorious in my memory.
And sometimes. It comes back.
Like when I see this;
Or this.
I've often said that if I never get to have a wedding, I am glad to have had that night. It was close as I have ever gotten before, and infintely more perfect.
I thought this would be easier for me then it turned out to be. I forgot how many pictures I have of myself! haha. For being a person who rarely takes self-portraits, I was kind of surprised.
Can you think of a time when you felt really beautiful? Like really really beautiful? We're talkin princess...
Everything's perfect. The dress, the hair, you smelled good, your nails looked great, you swear that people gasp when you walk by?
Ok. well I can think of one night especially when I felt like this. I was 18 years old. A senior in highschool. It was the night of our Youth Group Spring Formal. I dont really remember a lot about the day itself, but I do remember my hair falling magically into place. It was a total shocker because it actually turned out beautiful with some measly headband that I bought at Kmart. I also remember that my gorgeous white tulle skirted dress fit me like a stinkin glove. GLOVE. Like, if I ate a cupcake, it would pop off....perfectly. I was wearing this beyond amazing Lia Sophia necklace that my sister had bought me for my 18th birthday. Also, my shoes fit me like Barbie shoes. You know, like the ones that you have to twist and turn on the poor rubber Barbie foot? Like, by the end of the night my feet were about to fall off from poor circulation. Oh, but they were worth it.
What made it best though...
Was a guy who thought I really was the bees knees. According to him, I was the "girl of his dreams". I walked into the church, my little "click-click" high heels clicking on the tile. I heard him playing the piano, and when he walked out of the sanctuary, I will never forget his face. His face is what really made me feel beautiful. I knew that what he was feeling was more than his words could convey. He had this amazingly gorgeous corsage for me that people joked as being practically a bouquet. It only added to my ever-present happiness. That night was our first real date. It was the first time when I felt that feeling like, "He is here with me." I'm getting all giggly at the memory.
The theme of the evening was "Old Hollywood" and all of the Seniors were treated like movie stars. To relive it all for you, would be long and tedious, but suffice it to say there was a limo, amazing food, and time spent with a boy that I had already fallen in love with.
All those feelings I felt on that night. All of that joy and excitement that was bottled up inside me. All of the little sparks I felt. The tight dress, the painful shoes, that perfect boy. It is all so glorious in my memory.
And sometimes. It comes back.
Like when I see this;
![]() |
| Poor Shea, not attending. I feel bad, but this is like my favorite picture from that night! haha! |
I've often said that if I never get to have a wedding, I am glad to have had that night. It was close as I have ever gotten before, and infintely more perfect.



Comments
Post a Comment