Eighteen. "My Favorite Place to Eat"

Day 18. My favorite place to eat.

This one was tough for me. When I began to write, I realized that for me its not usually about the food. Its about the atmosphere altogether. There are many many restaurants that I love for many different reasons. So I'm just gonna have to pick out a few. I also purposely chose ones that were not chains...for obvious reasons.

*Favorite Breakfast Spot; Rich's Family Restaurant.
They have this fantabulous skillets that are put together perfectly. They are filled with eggs and bacon, sausage, cheese, hashbrowns and sausage gravy, and other things that make each different one unique. They are so very very yummy. They also have good French toast, but the skillets..(preferably the 'meat lovers skillet', although Daniel is partial to the 'Hobo Skillet) those are what put this beauty on my list.

*Favorite lunch spot; Charlotte's.
This yummy soup and sandwich/coffee shop is so terrific. It is really an old Victorian house turned into a restaurant, and upstairs is an antique shop.  I love it because of their chicken salad. Chicken salad is one of my favorite foods, and they really know how to do it right (although still not as good as my mom's). I have many a fond memory with my mama at Charlottes, it was definitely the kind of place that she enjoyed.

*Favorite dinner spot; Possum Trot.
Do not let the name fool you. This quaint little supper club is fantastic, especially if you are planning to go out a little nicer. Its the kind of place that has dim lighting, a live pianist, and Fillet Mignon on the menu. It is super yummy too! I love their freshly baked bread. Its white bread, but it has an herby taste to it that really sets it apart. They also have a fantastic French Rochford salad dressing that is incredible. If Daniel takes me to dinner there, or I go with my family for a special occasion, I usually order the Cajun Chicken Penne. It is absolutely amazing. And....if I am lucky enough to get dessert, I always order their Creme Brulee, which is totally out of this world.

*Favorite hangin out wit my homies spot; Monicals.
Ok, ok...monicals is sort of a chain. But it is a locally owned chain. There are not many of them outside of our immediate area. and I really would be lying if I said any place else.Their pizza is AWESOME. but their salad dressing....is KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF, CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I've heard that its one of those things that you either hate or worship. Well, I'm definitely the worshipper in this situation then. Its kind of like French dressing, but its not exactly. Its called Tart and Tangy...and it is so stinkin good. We [Abby and I, and any other faithfiul Monical's eater] eat it on everything; salad, pizza, breadsticks, crackers, by the spoonful.... Whatever way we can get it into our mouths is good enough for us.

*Favorite place to eat with my family; La Potosina.
Fantastic Mexican. Amazingly wonderful food, and fast and convenient service. The Burrito Potosina is basically the best mexican dish known to man. It has this spicy chicken inside of a tortilla with rice and beans, and I know that I am not even beginning to tap into describing the great and intense flavor of this dish.

*Favorite Ice Cream Place; Custard Cup.
This little locally owned ice cream shop is amaaaazing. Its all hard dipped ice cream and yummy timeles concoctions. They have these things there that are like your basic Dairy Queen blizzard, but they are called "Snowstorms" and they taste even better. They have like a million different ones that you can get (grasshopper is the best). One summer, Daniel and I tried to order them all. We kept a list, and it lasted two summers, but tragically last summer the list was lost. We had crossed off quite a few of them, too. If Daniel is not with me though, I order a Pink Lemonade Slush. Also fantastic!

*Favorite Coffee Shop; Java Hut.
Great coffee, and bagels and cream cheese flavors that are to die for. It is the best place to go on a rainy day. The great art on display, eclectic mismatched furniture, and cute little gift shop area make it a very quaint nostalgic place to be.

So. There are a few of my favorite things.
Daniel and I; doing a little Amercian Gothic interpretation while waiting for out skillets. :)
Who's hungry?

Comments

  1. What is that "thing" behind you between your heads? Looks like some kind of monster!!! LOL!
    I will have to try out the Burrito Potisina next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I think a lady has sunglasses on her head! :) Yes, you HAVE to get Burrito Potosina (with CHicken) Soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts