Twenty. "My Nicknames"

I am not really a nicknamey sort of person.
Not in conversation at least.
I'll call you something cutie on Facebook, or in a text, but in verbal speech, its not really all that natural to me.
There are a few exceptions. My sister is "Char". My boyfriend is "Dam-yell". Alyssa is a variety of names.

However, I have been christened with about 500,000 such names. So I will limit my list to just a few.

"Jones"-- Or Dr. Jones, or Emily Jones or Jonesy. My dad calls me that. It comes from Indiana Jones where the little boy calls him "Dr. Jones". I'm not exactly sure how it got started, although I was born in the era when those movies were big stuff. No one calls me that except for my dad. Every once and while Daniel does, but just because my dad does.

"Emma"--I know, not super original. I can tell the depth of our relationship through this nickname. Daniel, Abby, Shea, and my mama all call me Emma. Its just sort of a sweet version of Emily. :) I like it alot.

"Char", "Chawhee", "Chich", etc.--Dont ask. Abby and I... Its too long a story, and this is neither the time nor the place.

"Sweetie"--Daniel's "on the edge of about to get a little bit maddish at me" name.

"Sweetheart"--Daniel's consoling, comforting, loving term of endearment. (note the close relation of the above nickname, and this nickname... :/)

"Matron Mama Morton"--Thats just my stage name. Ha!

Here are a couple more nicknames (not mine) I love!

Scandanavian Scarface, Nimble Numble, Drillbit, LoverballCreamyCarrotCrawler, Natalia, Buckingbertha, Josiaharabian Boy, Scotch Tape, Prince Charming, Shealinbo, and many more! :)

Comments

Popular Posts