Fifteen. "A Bible Verse."
Day 15. A Bible Verse.
I am an emotional being. I am human, and also I am a woman, therefore I was made to be emotional.
Often, God uses the Psalms to speak to me when I am hurting. Often, he uses the Proverbs to teach me.
My favorite verse all throughout high school was Psalm 51:16 & 17--"For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." It made so much sense to me, that a God who was both merciful and just, would have no concern for outward acts of righteousness (even in the Old Testament!) but all he wants is a broken spirit!
I still love that verse, but my struggles are different. When I struggle with thoughts of impatience for my future, God brings to mind Psalm 27:14 ""Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" I once studied this verse in depth, and I remember that the word "wait" meant something more than just "waiting around.." it meant, "waiting with hope that something would happen". What joy that brings to us as his children! Psalm 27 is my favorite Psalm. The words are so comforting!
Lastly, I'll mention Proverbs 17. It has loads and loads of juicy information for how to live victoriously in relationships. It has been a "go-to" passage for Daniel and I many many times. It is my favorite Proverb. I mentioned verse 9 in my last post. "Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends."
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother [or sister] is born for adversity." Proverbs 17:17 :)
I am an emotional being. I am human, and also I am a woman, therefore I was made to be emotional.
Often, God uses the Psalms to speak to me when I am hurting. Often, he uses the Proverbs to teach me.
My favorite verse all throughout high school was Psalm 51:16 & 17--"For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." It made so much sense to me, that a God who was both merciful and just, would have no concern for outward acts of righteousness (even in the Old Testament!) but all he wants is a broken spirit!
I still love that verse, but my struggles are different. When I struggle with thoughts of impatience for my future, God brings to mind Psalm 27:14 ""Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" I once studied this verse in depth, and I remember that the word "wait" meant something more than just "waiting around.." it meant, "waiting with hope that something would happen". What joy that brings to us as his children! Psalm 27 is my favorite Psalm. The words are so comforting!
Lastly, I'll mention Proverbs 17. It has loads and loads of juicy information for how to live victoriously in relationships. It has been a "go-to" passage for Daniel and I many many times. It is my favorite Proverb. I mentioned verse 9 in my last post. "Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends."
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother [or sister] is born for adversity." Proverbs 17:17 :)

Comments
Post a Comment