Three. "My First Love"
Day Three: My First Love.
That's Easy.
To be honest, I was pretty much content with celebrity crushes in my teenage years. They were so much more fun and so much less work than real boyfriends. Besides, I didnt have to worry about my brother killing them. I lasted for the most part (besides a couple boys who were, as my mother called it, "one night wonders") until my senior year of high school. That's when I started dating my for real first love. Daniel McCurdy. ::sigh::. He was (and is) so stinkin cute too. I guess you could say, Daniel stole my heart from Christian Bale. ;)
In honor of my celebrity crushes; I have included a few more from my past. ;)
but none of them top this guy right here.
Here's to Daniel, my most tangible first love. :)
That's Easy.
At the ripe old age of six and a half, I fell madly in love with Jack Kelly.
What can I say? I had good taste.
Oh, and Jack Kelly is not to be confused with Christian Bale. No no, that was later. Later in life, my infatuation grew to encompass Christian Bale entirely, but my first love was just Jack.
Every pretend game we played, my boyfriend or husband was always named "Jack". I couldn't help it. He was just so stinkin cute.
Boyfriends and crushes came and went, but my love for Jack was pretty much everlasting.
In high school I once watched Newsies everyday for an entire week.
Talk about infatuated.To be honest, I was pretty much content with celebrity crushes in my teenage years. They were so much more fun and so much less work than real boyfriends. Besides, I didnt have to worry about my brother killing them. I lasted for the most part (besides a couple boys who were, as my mother called it, "one night wonders") until my senior year of high school. That's when I started dating my for real first love. Daniel McCurdy. ::sigh::. He was (and is) so stinkin cute too. I guess you could say, Daniel stole my heart from Christian Bale. ;)
In honor of my celebrity crushes; I have included a few more from my past. ;)
but none of them top this guy right here.
![]() |






what girl didn't fall in love with Jack Kelly, honestly? I do remember being shocked to find out that Jack was Christian Bale, my mind never connected the two. Jack's much better, in my opinion. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's interesting that you have Prince Harry up there. I would have figured you for a Prince William fan. I remember watching Jack Kelly in Little Women and thinking "He doesn't looks so great with the mustache" : ) I fell in love with Daniel too ...the first time I saw him as a fat pudgy newborn!
ReplyDeleteSusan -- cutest thing you could ever say! Hard to imagine Daniel as pudgy (even though I've seen those cute baby pics). :)
ReplyDeleteEmily -- JTT?? REALLY??? Ok, come ON. ;)
Laura--So true, Jack is better.
ReplyDeleteSusan--I am a huge Prince Harry fan, I always have been. I think its because he was the younger one, and Shea always liked Will, so I just decided to go for Harry and then my love just grew from there. I have a keychain from England with his picture on it. haha. Always causes some eyerolling from your son. You're comment was totally sweet, and to be honest, I'm with Gretchen, I cant really imagine Daniel pudgy. haha. :)
Gretchen--JTT?? ANY girl who lived in the 90s LOVED him! He was the voice of young Simba for heaven's sake! haha.