Thirty days.
Rainy day.
I love rainy days! They always inspire me to try something new, or to work on a project that I have already begun. So my first thought was, Scrapbooking, but then I thought about all the pain it is to drag out my huge suitcase full of scrapbook stuff, and my tired self decided against that idea. My second idea was to bake, but then I realized that our cubbard is very reminiscent of Old Mother Hubbard's, so I decided against that idea as well.
If you just said "Homework." then you should know better. I can't waste the creative juices that only come once every rainy day on boring old homework. So here goes; I am going to start that 30 day blog challenge thingy. Ok, maybe it is a bit lame-ish, and slightly Myspace survey-ish, but I think it will be fun, and it will give me an opportunity to blog once every day for thirty days. I'm thinking of how wonderful it will be on Day 30 when I look around and realize that summer is nearly here!
So.. here it goes;
Day one: "A recent picture of yourself with 15 fun facts."
fun facts? well, the fun part may be a little bit questionable.
1. I believe in the Bible. I believe that it is true, and that it is the inspired Word of God. Meaning, God told those writers pretty much exactly what to say (other than allowing for individual human style). Since I believe that the Bible is true, then my response is to trust that the only way to be forgiven from my sin and to be in a right relationship with God is to trust that Jesus died on the cross for my sin and trust Him for forgiveness. So that is what I have done, and am doing. I am living as I hope He wants me to, and using the Bible as my guideline. If you want to read the story of my conversion at age six, its in this post.
2. I am in love. I really believe that I am. I used to avoid that phrase because it sounds so very cliche and no one knows what it really means, and I was afraid of sounding overly interested or dependant on someone, but I'm ready to say it. I really believe from the bottom of my heart that if there is such a thing as "being in love" than, I am most definitely in it. When I look at that boy, I think, "How am I so lucky?" and I know he thinks the same thing when he sees me. Everyday that I know Daniel, I swear I see something new about him; that boy never stops amazing me. He is a song writer, and as if that's not enough, he is also the most sweet-hearted caring boy I think I have ever met. Then; the cherry on the sundae is his wonderful family. He is the oldest out of eight children, and so there is nothing but a joyous chaos at his house 24/7. I love each and every one of his precious brothers and sisters. His dad is also the pastor of our church, which is completely unimportant, except that in a round about way it brought us together because my dad works for the church to. In other words, "The only boy who could ever move me, was the son of a preacher man." ;)
I include all of this info, because I bring them up frequently in my blog. If you want to read more about my crazy mostly long-distance relationship you can read here, or here.
3. I am in college, but not real college like everyone else. I am a student of Southwest Bible college, and I do all my work at home, and then mail it in to the college and then they grade it and send it back to me. So its a lot like being homeschooled for college. It most certainly has its pros and cons. Number one pro being the fact that I am choosing right now to be on blogger rather than in class. My major is Psychology/Biblical Counseling. People get onto me about my major a lot. They say things like, "You will never find a job." or "Psychology is not Biblical, and counseling shouldnt be a major because its a Scriptural mandate." Well, it may be true that I will never use my major as a means to make money, and it may be true that it is a Scriptural mandate, but it is what God has called me to do, so do it I shall. As for psychology being unbiblical, well...we can debate that some other time. ;)
4. I enjoy my job. I work retail and its a lot of fun. Hours can be a nightmare, like working almost every weekend and holiday and evening. Still, I get to see so many people, and have fun conversations and help people pick out gifts and see little kids, and help people find good deals.
5. I am a very busy person. I love to be. So when I am bored (like on a rainy day) I find a project to undertake so that I am busy. This often leads to many started projects that were never finished, because everyone knows its so much more fun to start a new project than to finish one that was already started. :) I do crafty things, Martha Stewart-y things, Paula Dean-ey things, etc. I love to scrapbook, edit pictures, blog, Facebook, Instant message, bake, chat on the phone, plan parties, clean my house, burn candles, shop, grocery shop, paint, decorate, buy gifts, write notes and most of all I love to be involved in my church. I direct the Wednesday night Children's ministry, and I am the assistant director to the Youth Group drama team.
6. I LOVE my family. I come from a biggish family, and it continues to grow! I have one brother and three sisters, but I also have wonderful inlaws. I love being an aunt, it is absolutely so much fun! Its like enjoying parenthood, but at the end of the day, they can go home to their own mommys and daddys! I have two unbelievably adorable nieces, I mean, they are just so stinkin cute. Then, I have two nephews coming at the end of May! So both of my niece babies are gonna be big sisters! We love girls around here, but I think it will be nice to have a couple boys to help even the score a bit.
7. I am a girly girl. You will see this throughout my posts I'm sure, but I just thought I would give you a heads up. My boss called me over today and said to a lady she was helping, "Emily is a girly-girl, and she would know what girly girls like." to which I replied "I sure am!". So, not only am I girly girl, I am proud of it, babe.
8. I have few close friends. I suppose this is the norm as you age and aren't really in college anymore. There are only a select few out there with which I will feel at ease to bare my soul. No one beats my fam. though. Blood is thicker than water, my dear children.
9. I am a sucker for a good sale. I love to shop and if I find something on sale, I love it even more! I am not a coupon-clipping fanatic like those people on TLC, but I do love a nice bargain. Thats my mama in me. She was a thrift-store connoisseur. It can be dangerous, like if you really shouldnt spend $10 on something you dont need, but that something used to be $30, and it just seems like you shouldnt pass it up. Yeah. Moving on.
10. I want my life to count for something. Thats part of the reason I am so involved in my church. I really really want my life to be of some importance. I dont want to "live the American Dream, grow old, retire, and die easily." I want to live on the edge, I want to take risks, I want to have to trust God. I haven't entirely thrown out missions either. Right now though, I am grappling with the idea that to be a good missionary over seas, I need to be a better missionary in my backyard.
11. I have my nose pierced. Did you ask why? Well. Why not? I have wanted it for so long, so one rainy saturday, I seized the day. I have promised a certain someone that I will take out the diamond in my nose, the moment I get a bigger diamond on my hand. So thats the deal, and that has what it has become to me. A reminder that I am still single, still free to do things and live life without having the responsibility of another person. I can just be me for now and not "Mrs. So-and-so." Dont take that to mean that I'm not accountable. I totally am, but my dad's rules of "Dont stay out to late." are much different from having a home and family to be responsible for. So thats it. My nose ring is sort of a whimsical nod to being single and free.
12. I am addicted to coffee. The sad news is; I have been having health issues that may or may not be related to this addiction. So, as of right now, my coffee intake is somewhat limited. Like, no more than a cup a day, or a few cups if its not super strong, or if I add milk. So tea has been finding its way into my starbucks mug. I feel so bad about it. I'm sure that that little mug thinks, "Twinings, Lady Grey? You have got to be kidding me."
13. I love dressing up and going out. Not like "out partying" just out. Like to dinner, or to a show, or a concert, or to shop, or to drive around. I just love it. I love it no matter if I am with my family having dinner, or with my girlfriends at a concert, or at a Ballet with Daniel. I just love it. It makes me (and always has) feel so grown up and sophisticated. I love the preparation of picking out a nice outfit, doing my hair and make-up, and spritzing a gallon of perfume. Oo la la!
14. I sing 24/7. If there is music on, you can pretty much guarantee that I will sing along. Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm crazy. Like when I am driving down the road and they notice that I'm singing on the TOP of my lungs... or at work, when I am like stocking shelves and some Taylor Swift comes on and I start rocking out. Ok, maybe I am crazy. Still, music is addicting and glorious! It has the ability to bring you up or tear you down or repulse you or intrigue you. Ooo, I'm so getting chills right now.
15. I love to write. That is the number one reason for this blog. I have kept a journal since I was ten. I have about eight unfinished novels that I started in highschool. I love writing people little cards and "thinking of yous". I write out my daily prayers. I write letters and emails to my boyfriend frequently. I also write notes in church sometimes, but only very rarely and not usually during the sermon, just like during the other beginning stuff....
So thats me. Come back tomorrow for day #2!
I love rainy days! They always inspire me to try something new, or to work on a project that I have already begun. So my first thought was, Scrapbooking, but then I thought about all the pain it is to drag out my huge suitcase full of scrapbook stuff, and my tired self decided against that idea. My second idea was to bake, but then I realized that our cubbard is very reminiscent of Old Mother Hubbard's, so I decided against that idea as well.
If you just said "Homework." then you should know better. I can't waste the creative juices that only come once every rainy day on boring old homework. So here goes; I am going to start that 30 day blog challenge thingy. Ok, maybe it is a bit lame-ish, and slightly Myspace survey-ish, but I think it will be fun, and it will give me an opportunity to blog once every day for thirty days. I'm thinking of how wonderful it will be on Day 30 when I look around and realize that summer is nearly here!
So.. here it goes;
Day one: "A recent picture of yourself with 15 fun facts."
fun facts? well, the fun part may be a little bit questionable.
1. I believe in the Bible. I believe that it is true, and that it is the inspired Word of God. Meaning, God told those writers pretty much exactly what to say (other than allowing for individual human style). Since I believe that the Bible is true, then my response is to trust that the only way to be forgiven from my sin and to be in a right relationship with God is to trust that Jesus died on the cross for my sin and trust Him for forgiveness. So that is what I have done, and am doing. I am living as I hope He wants me to, and using the Bible as my guideline. If you want to read the story of my conversion at age six, its in this post.
2. I am in love. I really believe that I am. I used to avoid that phrase because it sounds so very cliche and no one knows what it really means, and I was afraid of sounding overly interested or dependant on someone, but I'm ready to say it. I really believe from the bottom of my heart that if there is such a thing as "being in love" than, I am most definitely in it. When I look at that boy, I think, "How am I so lucky?" and I know he thinks the same thing when he sees me. Everyday that I know Daniel, I swear I see something new about him; that boy never stops amazing me. He is a song writer, and as if that's not enough, he is also the most sweet-hearted caring boy I think I have ever met. Then; the cherry on the sundae is his wonderful family. He is the oldest out of eight children, and so there is nothing but a joyous chaos at his house 24/7. I love each and every one of his precious brothers and sisters. His dad is also the pastor of our church, which is completely unimportant, except that in a round about way it brought us together because my dad works for the church to. In other words, "The only boy who could ever move me, was the son of a preacher man." ;)
I include all of this info, because I bring them up frequently in my blog. If you want to read more about my crazy mostly long-distance relationship you can read here, or here.
3. I am in college, but not real college like everyone else. I am a student of Southwest Bible college, and I do all my work at home, and then mail it in to the college and then they grade it and send it back to me. So its a lot like being homeschooled for college. It most certainly has its pros and cons. Number one pro being the fact that I am choosing right now to be on blogger rather than in class. My major is Psychology/Biblical Counseling. People get onto me about my major a lot. They say things like, "You will never find a job." or "Psychology is not Biblical, and counseling shouldnt be a major because its a Scriptural mandate." Well, it may be true that I will never use my major as a means to make money, and it may be true that it is a Scriptural mandate, but it is what God has called me to do, so do it I shall. As for psychology being unbiblical, well...we can debate that some other time. ;)
4. I enjoy my job. I work retail and its a lot of fun. Hours can be a nightmare, like working almost every weekend and holiday and evening. Still, I get to see so many people, and have fun conversations and help people pick out gifts and see little kids, and help people find good deals.
5. I am a very busy person. I love to be. So when I am bored (like on a rainy day) I find a project to undertake so that I am busy. This often leads to many started projects that were never finished, because everyone knows its so much more fun to start a new project than to finish one that was already started. :) I do crafty things, Martha Stewart-y things, Paula Dean-ey things, etc. I love to scrapbook, edit pictures, blog, Facebook, Instant message, bake, chat on the phone, plan parties, clean my house, burn candles, shop, grocery shop, paint, decorate, buy gifts, write notes and most of all I love to be involved in my church. I direct the Wednesday night Children's ministry, and I am the assistant director to the Youth Group drama team.
6. I LOVE my family. I come from a biggish family, and it continues to grow! I have one brother and three sisters, but I also have wonderful inlaws. I love being an aunt, it is absolutely so much fun! Its like enjoying parenthood, but at the end of the day, they can go home to their own mommys and daddys! I have two unbelievably adorable nieces, I mean, they are just so stinkin cute. Then, I have two nephews coming at the end of May! So both of my niece babies are gonna be big sisters! We love girls around here, but I think it will be nice to have a couple boys to help even the score a bit.
![]() |
on a beach. march, 2011. (if you look closely, you see Daniel in my sunglasses) I know, this picture is totally cheese-ola...but its the most recent. |
8. I have few close friends. I suppose this is the norm as you age and aren't really in college anymore. There are only a select few out there with which I will feel at ease to bare my soul. No one beats my fam. though. Blood is thicker than water, my dear children.
9. I am a sucker for a good sale. I love to shop and if I find something on sale, I love it even more! I am not a coupon-clipping fanatic like those people on TLC, but I do love a nice bargain. Thats my mama in me. She was a thrift-store connoisseur. It can be dangerous, like if you really shouldnt spend $10 on something you dont need, but that something used to be $30, and it just seems like you shouldnt pass it up. Yeah. Moving on.
10. I want my life to count for something. Thats part of the reason I am so involved in my church. I really really want my life to be of some importance. I dont want to "live the American Dream, grow old, retire, and die easily." I want to live on the edge, I want to take risks, I want to have to trust God. I haven't entirely thrown out missions either. Right now though, I am grappling with the idea that to be a good missionary over seas, I need to be a better missionary in my backyard.
11. I have my nose pierced. Did you ask why? Well. Why not? I have wanted it for so long, so one rainy saturday, I seized the day. I have promised a certain someone that I will take out the diamond in my nose, the moment I get a bigger diamond on my hand. So thats the deal, and that has what it has become to me. A reminder that I am still single, still free to do things and live life without having the responsibility of another person. I can just be me for now and not "Mrs. So-and-so." Dont take that to mean that I'm not accountable. I totally am, but my dad's rules of "Dont stay out to late." are much different from having a home and family to be responsible for. So thats it. My nose ring is sort of a whimsical nod to being single and free.
12. I am addicted to coffee. The sad news is; I have been having health issues that may or may not be related to this addiction. So, as of right now, my coffee intake is somewhat limited. Like, no more than a cup a day, or a few cups if its not super strong, or if I add milk. So tea has been finding its way into my starbucks mug. I feel so bad about it. I'm sure that that little mug thinks, "Twinings, Lady Grey? You have got to be kidding me."
13. I love dressing up and going out. Not like "out partying" just out. Like to dinner, or to a show, or a concert, or to shop, or to drive around. I just love it. I love it no matter if I am with my family having dinner, or with my girlfriends at a concert, or at a Ballet with Daniel. I just love it. It makes me (and always has) feel so grown up and sophisticated. I love the preparation of picking out a nice outfit, doing my hair and make-up, and spritzing a gallon of perfume. Oo la la!
14. I sing 24/7. If there is music on, you can pretty much guarantee that I will sing along. Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm crazy. Like when I am driving down the road and they notice that I'm singing on the TOP of my lungs... or at work, when I am like stocking shelves and some Taylor Swift comes on and I start rocking out. Ok, maybe I am crazy. Still, music is addicting and glorious! It has the ability to bring you up or tear you down or repulse you or intrigue you. Ooo, I'm so getting chills right now.
15. I love to write. That is the number one reason for this blog. I have kept a journal since I was ten. I have about eight unfinished novels that I started in highschool. I love writing people little cards and "thinking of yous". I write out my daily prayers. I write letters and emails to my boyfriend frequently. I also write notes in church sometimes, but only very rarely and not usually during the sermon, just like during the other beginning stuff....
So thats me. Come back tomorrow for day #2!


I love that you have a story for your nose ring. To make it be a symbol of something is a neat idea. Kind of like a tattoo...I would never want a tattoo that wasn't meaningful. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteI love dressing up and going out, too! Such fun! And I totally forgot what it was like to have waiter guys spend time hanging around your table because you're a couple of attractive girls. Lol! ;)
See Natalie, that was the nose ring. It brings me fun like that. :) haha.
ReplyDelete