Princesses.

This is how I spent the wee hours of the morning:


I didnt quite catch all of the coverage, since I went to bed so very very late. I started watching about 5am, which happened to be perfect timing because she was just walking down the aisle. :)

I have to say that I was not disappointed in the slightest by her dress. It was perfection. They often say to match your dress to your venue, and I think she did just that. Her dress was like a medieval princess dress, which was perfect for getting married at Westminster!
I was very interested by how very Christian their ceremony was. I understand that under the Church of England there are probably certain things that are expected, but in this "modern" era, I thought perhaps they would mute it a little bit, but the reading of Romans 12 was not muting it at all! God's Word was read aloud in front of thousands of people, whether there was pure intent or not. I noted one thing that the bishop who gave them their charge as a couple said. He said (roughly, this is not a quote) that in the Western world, people often leave God our of their relationships, relying soley on the other person for security, and that causes too heavy a burden on that other person. That is true! That alone is the key to healthy relationships, not relying on that other person, but relying on God's provision through the other person.

How sweet!

So.....if anything ever happens to Daniel...(becoming a pope or something)
I'm holding out hope for this guy...


PS--Favorite moment; Bishop says, "You have chosen today." Kate looks at Will and he winks. So cute!

Comments

  1. Dont ask what the "s" on the end of princess is there for...i must have been considering myself one. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts