Have you laughed today?
I often wonder why kids seem to laugh so much more than adults? I mean, really why is that?
Is it because we are so uptight that we can't let it out every once and a while?
I am well aware that as I get older, I need more laughter. Not less.
Confession: there are days that I call Daniel and I say, "I need to laugh." and usually his attempts do the trick.
Which brings me to another vaild point: keep people in your life who make you laugh. My whole family makes me laugh. Thats just who we are, we're loud and funny. A funny person is not simply a person who makes other people laugh, but who can laugh themselves, and not only one who can laugh, but one who can laugh at themselves.
Maybe thats why adults have a hard time with it, because we cant humble ourselves enough to laugh at our own mistakes.
Anyway, all this to say; I'm making a record of things that made me laugh:
1. When I walked into my room and I heard "I wanna hippopotomus for Christmas" blaring out of my speaker. Apparently, my ipod was on random shuffle... those people at apple really know the word random.
2. When I saw my cat stretching at precisely one millimeter per minute. I have never seen any animal move so slow, apparently she was attempting to move one vertebrae at a time...not sure really...
3. Wednesday night when I played kickball with the Church kids. I caught the ball and threw it like a four year old about a foot in front of me. Those kids laughed and laughed at me....I had to laugh too....some things never change...
4. When Daniel read the note on his door out loud to me. It said, "Caution: Read B 4 comin in. Hello Ransom Haire and welcome to 6407, (the best place) you can ever be here at PCC. Your bed is in the shower. Oops! Just kidding, you can have the lower right hand bed, make yourself comfortable."
Is it because we are so uptight that we can't let it out every once and a while?
I am well aware that as I get older, I need more laughter. Not less.
Confession: there are days that I call Daniel and I say, "I need to laugh." and usually his attempts do the trick.
Which brings me to another vaild point: keep people in your life who make you laugh. My whole family makes me laugh. Thats just who we are, we're loud and funny. A funny person is not simply a person who makes other people laugh, but who can laugh themselves, and not only one who can laugh, but one who can laugh at themselves.
Maybe thats why adults have a hard time with it, because we cant humble ourselves enough to laugh at our own mistakes.
Anyway, all this to say; I'm making a record of things that made me laugh:
1. When I walked into my room and I heard "I wanna hippopotomus for Christmas" blaring out of my speaker. Apparently, my ipod was on random shuffle... those people at apple really know the word random.
2. When I saw my cat stretching at precisely one millimeter per minute. I have never seen any animal move so slow, apparently she was attempting to move one vertebrae at a time...not sure really...
3. Wednesday night when I played kickball with the Church kids. I caught the ball and threw it like a four year old about a foot in front of me. Those kids laughed and laughed at me....I had to laugh too....some things never change...
4. When Daniel read the note on his door out loud to me. It said, "Caution: Read B 4 comin in. Hello Ransom Haire and welcome to 6407, (the best place) you can ever be here at PCC. Your bed is in the shower. Oops! Just kidding, you can have the lower right hand bed, make yourself comfortable."
5. When Alyssa posted this ancient music video of the Manhattens singing, "Shining Star".... Oh my gosh...you have to see it for yourself for the full effect.
6.When Daniel called the office and pretended to be a random visitor.
7. April Fools Day jokes. Not always funny....but somehow I find the attempts funny...
8. Last night, Alyssa and I putting together the video of the century, then we discoverd....drumroll...the slow motion feature..... The rest is sort of a blur because I was laughing so very hard.
9. The lyrics to "Banana Split for My Baby"....if you dont believe me, look it up!
10. Bowling with three precious girls. Lets suffice it to say that non of us are exactly athletes, and then lets go on to say that non of us are exactly bowlers either... We were shrieking with elation when one of us got a spare let alone a strike. The pro-bowler onlookers frowning, because we broke their concentration.
11. A premier of a homemade movie that was not for the faint of heart. There were a couple of times that I fell off of Alyssa's couch from the force of my laughter. (If you are incredibly lucky, it may one day be posted on FB)
Those are just a few of the many moments this past week that made me laugh.
Speaking of laughter, do you ever get a giggle in you? Like a little giggle and it makes your whole self tingle until you let it out? These giggles come at the most inopportune times. Like today when I was sitting in church, and my mind wandered to that video last night. Oh my goodness, that was one powerful giggle. It was rising higher and higher, and I was nervous it might spill out during this lady's solo... Anyway, it didnt. I think it helped when we stood up to sing.
I kind of like those giggles.
:)
PS-My post name cracks me up because one day Daniel and I are watching TV and we see this "Laughing Cow" commercial, and he says, "You like those dont you." which I do, but I was a little confused how he knew that since I never really buy them or anything. Come to find out he just figured I did because they seem like a "Girly giggly snack." ... hmmm.... good marketing, laughing cow!

Yes, the Manhattan's made me chuckle....love the smooth moves and the neon stage! Looking at that sentence made me realize that "chuckle" is a funny word too! Whoever came up with that word? Hope you have a day full of "laughter"...it's good medicine.
ReplyDeleteThanks Susan. :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed! "Chuckle" is a hilarious word. "smooth moves" haha. Yep, very smooth.