Summer Mornings.

I'll just be clear, I'm a morning person.

Not in the sense that I like getting up super early, or that I am instantly happy when I hear my alarm ring. Just in the sense that I like to enjoy my mornings.

I love getting up, enjoying some coffee or tea, doing my Quiet Time, lazily moving to the kitchen and getting something to eat. It really is terrific.

But summer mornings, summer mornings are even better. Summer mornings mean that I dont spend them alone. I love that when I'm making breakfast or flipping over to TLC, Abby could, and usually does, come in and join me. I also love impromptu plans, like getting up and asking her if she wants eggs or deciding to watch a chick flick, just because we can!

I am very aware that this is a unique place in my life when I am able to do things like this. I get it that it wont always be this way. I'll rush quickly through my mornings in a rush to get to work, or I'll be busy getting kids ready for school, needless to say, lazy mornings with coffee are not always going to be practical in my life, so I enjoy them when I can.

I also enjoy the moments with my sister as much as I can. These mornings (and afternoons, and evenings!) with my sister are special, and I may not have them forever. Someday we will wake up miles from each other, making separate breakfasts in separate houses for separate families, so I'm being thankful for today. Thankful that I have my sweet sister to share these sweet mornings with. :)

Comments

  1. So neat that you recognize the specialness of doing this. Living in the present and squeezing all you can out of it makes for a happy day. That's a great picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back, busy bee. I miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts