Stephen at Fifteen.
Ok he is.
My brother in law. The one with the big brown eyes! Stevie. 15.
Ok, I'm done with my meltdown that makes me sound like a middle aged weeping mother.
Happy Birthday Stephen!
You have grown up overnight and we both know that your voice dropped about eight octives in twelve hours. Growing up is easy in the physical sense. It just happens. There is nothing you can do to hit that high note that used to come so easily, nothing you can do to make those GAP jeans long enough. Not that you would want to anyway.
Growing up on the inside though? That's tough. Waking up everyday with thoughts and feelings like an adult. Having to sort out what life is and what it means to you. That's the tough stuff and that's just around the corner, buddy. Actually, in some ways--it's already here.
You are such a talented individual, a fact to which you are aware, I'm sure. You use those talents in endless and amazing ways that I can't really seem to get over. This past year it seems like those talents have really blossomed and come to light. God has made you so uniquely gifted, and I know that he has a very precise plan for all of those gifts. So let Him use them. Give them back to the loving creator who made you that way.
I have always felt like we were buddies. You have this insane ability to speak your mind in a sarcastic way and still come across as totally charming. It's rather annoying really because for most people (me included, that behavior comes across as "Thanks Lady, you're a total jerk.") so I'm a little jealous.
Anyway, all that to say--Happy belated Birthday and I hope you enjoy 15 and savor every single minute of it. Love ya, Steve!!!


Comments
Post a Comment