Oh Brother!



The next one in the line up of birthdays that stretches from now until December 27 (with no rest for the weary), is my one and only brother; Nathan.



I've only got one brother! He is the oldest in our family and has always kept an eye out for us.
 

Happy birthday Nathan!


Sorry I'm one day late (although I did text you yesterday, so it's not like I forgot entirely). This year has sadly taken you far away. We have never been insanely close, but it's hard to predict how much you are gonna miss someone who has always just, "been there."


You are always the one that I think to call when disaster strikes (much to my husband's dismay sometimes I'm sure!), and old habits die hard. Several times since you left, I have reached for my phone thinking, "I'll just call Nathan." And then the melancholy realization that you're not nearby to help anymore washes over me and I feel sad.


This year you were called to be a better dad and husband on a higher level than ever before. It is really hard to move because of your spouse, especially when you're "fine" right where you are. But I'm learning this too, and you have been a good example to me of the kind of support I want to be for Daniel. 

Thank you for sharing your children with me. You know that there are very few people in the world that I love more than those two. They hold such a special place in my heart. Thank you for understanding that and giving us time to spend with each of them. 

Here's to this coming year! May you grow in ways you never imagined! I hope you find your dream job and your dream house (one with a roomy guest house would be nice!). ;) 

Love you!





Comments

Popular Posts