Baked Oatmeal
On those cold mornings I love having a warm, filling breakfast. If you're anything like me, then you probably don't have time to make a big meal--especially with enough time to actually eat it!
I have always loved oatmeal. It is my go-to for chilly weather. Most of the time I eat it the way my mom always made it for me; with walnuts and brown sugar on top, and the butter melting down into the cracks and crevices. Side note: never stir your oatmeal after you add the toppings. You will totally ruin that delightful melted butter experience.
Some days, I want a little variation. So with a little Pinterest inspiration, I came up with this recipe. Enjoy!
Baked Oatmeal
2-4 servings
Preheat oven to 375
Mix together;
1 Cup Oats (quick or old fashioned)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce
2 TBSP raisins
2 TBSP dried cranberries
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
Pour into a 1qt baking dish, or 2 small ramekins.
Top with:
2 TBSP pecans
2 TBSP honey
Bake for 15-25 minutes. Let set for a couple minutes. Serve hot.
*Daniel usually likes his with a little milk over the top, or if I'm feeling especially evil, I'll add some butter and let it melt on top. Obviously there are about a thousand possible exchanges so that you can totally use what you have on hand. :)


Comments
Post a Comment