Thanks; 765-796...A little different today.
So I was thinking. Thinking about how I only thank God for the good stuff. I thank him for the happy moments, the moments where I feel good. The healthy moments where I dont feel like I'm aging before my time. The quiet moments when the baby isn't crying. The joyous moments when I'm cuddled next to the love of my life. The nostalgic moments staying up late talking to my girls.
I'm not naturally thankful for the rest. I'm just not. So.... I have to choose to be. Not that I have to be happy for sickness or sadness or pain. No, but I should be thankful that God has my best interest at heart. Even when its not what I would choose. He knows best.
Long months away from the man of my dreams:
765. It makes me evaluate my relationship with Jesus.
766. It helps me realize that my hope is not found in any mortal man.
767. Grows patience.
768. Improves appreciation.
769. Challenges my love
770. Gives me time to get to know me.
771. Daniel getting his education.
772. Chances to go to the beach!
A Crying Baby (and these moments are rare, they really are!):
773. Gives me practice for the future.
774. Helps me appreciate my mama.
775. Grows patience (I'm sensing a theme)
776. Helps me appreciate those quiet moments!
Days where I dont feel so good.
777. Constant reliance on the sustainer of life.
778. Reminders to turn to the only one who can help!
779. Beauty of the Scripture comes to life.
780. Weight loss. (hey, I am thankful!)
781. Reminders to enjoy life, it is fragile.
Being away from my sister.
782. Reaching outside my comfort zone to find new friends.
783. Being reacquainted with old friends.
784. A break from each other. Hey, we fight like everyone else!
785. Realizations that we had the best roommates ever when we were growing up. :)
786. Stealing shoes from the forsaken closet.
787. Putting together fun packages.
And....just for kicks, here's some good stuff.
788. Cool mornings, warm sleepy babies, porch swings. :)
789. Steak N Shake. Good thing one place is open till all hours!
790. Walking for Life. I always get choked up when I see all of those signs that say, "I regret my abortion!"
791. A job that I would have dreaaaammmedddd to have as a teenager. Serving at Kennedy's. I am all glammed up, serving all of these people dressed to the nines. Loud music, yummy food, hilarious co-workers. What more could you ask for?
792. Living out my sister's advice. Thanks Anna, you were so right!
793. Cinnamon Muffins.
794. My dad's sweet generosity.
795. Friday after thanksgiving off work! Florida here I come! [hopefully!!]
796. Autumn days. Perfect for walking!




Comments
Post a Comment