Crazy Girl.


Its become a tradition for Daniel and I to have one sort of fancy schmancy date before he heads down south. Its all for me, because Daniel sees absolutely no point in paying a couple extra bucks for cloth table linens. However, its my cup of tea entirely. Err... Coffee.


I love it. I love how he carefully crafts the evening to make me feel fancy and beautiful. Its so special, and even more so because its not really his thing. He always brings flowers, makes reservations, and dresses up.


When I get in the car, my breath always catches. As if its the first time we've ever gone out. The smell of perfume and his amazing cologne fills the car, and I put on lipgloss. For the fifteenth time.


We just sit. We don't have to talk much. The excitement in the air is enough. He leans forward and turns on some music.

As we start driving down the road, I catch him looking at me. He smiles. He says I look pretty. I smile. This is just what I wanted.

He's nervous because we are late for our reservation. He doesn't get it that I really don't care. At this point, we could just go through the McDonald's drive thru. "Its the thought that counts" is really true right now.


We get there a little late, but of course it doesn't matter. We sit on opposite sides of the booth. We are romantic enough to ask for a booth, but not so tacky as to sit on the same side. We laugh at the poor wait job at this expensive establishment. Thats the greatest thing. When we laugh together. We make fun of that poor girl all night, she's just new, and nervous, and thinks we're in highschool.


I love these dates, and I always act all innocent and look at him quizzicaly when the waitress asks us if we want dessert. Even though I know he'll say yes. Tonight is my night. If I wanted the moon, he'd try to find a way to get it. He's sure as heck gonna get me a Creme Brulee, cause thats just the guy he is. Perfect.


We sit and talk and laugh, and eat dessert, because those are all of the things I'm good at.

He doesn't have anything else planned, so we just drive around. We drive downtown and everywhere else. We turn up the radio and rock out because the coffee is starting to kick-in. We laugh at the people who stare at us in our minivan rocking out.

I look at him and I think, "How did I get him?"


Then he turns and starts driving home. He turns the music to something a little softer. We hear that "Crazy Girl" song by the Eli Young Band. He tells me how much he loves this song. We both sing along with it.

I realize he thinks its totally about me, but I'm not offended. All women can be a little crazy now and then. I'm just out of my mind thankful that he loves the crazy.


And thats pretty much it. I mean, he takes me home, and he sweetly lets me watch some insane show called, "My Big Fat Gyspy Wedding" and we basically sit there and make fun of everyone.

I'm thrilled that I have this, that I have him. Its amazing. I'm so lucky, sometimes I just have to write about it. Sometimes I wonder if the day will come when I dont feel like this anymore. I mean we are workin on 5 years now, so if the excitement was gonna die, you'd think it'd go ahead and do it already. But still I wonder.

I also wonder if everyone gets this feeling. This feeling of utmost love. Being absoluely in love. Like I can't explain the feeling. Its just pure amazingness. The feeling that he loves me soooo much and he would swear that he loves me more than I love him, and I look him honestly in the face and swear that I love him more than he loves me. Its like there is no way to explain the love.


So I don't know if I'm braggin on my man, or just writing down my happiness, but I do know that I am a little bit of a "crazy girl."

"Have you ever wished for an endless night?
Lassoed the moon and the stars and pulled that rope tight?
Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself will it ever get better than tonight?"

Sorry for the gushy mushy.

Comments

Popular Posts