What the world needs now, is love, sweet love.
![]() |
| Happy Valentine's Day 2011! |
Perfect, since its just in time for Valentine's Day!
(and I featured a few pictures that just scream "LOVE!" to me!)
First of all, I've learned that how a person shows love is unique to that person. I've also learned that how a person recieves love is unique for that person.
For example; showing love to one of my best friends in the universe, Alyssa, is to give her advice. She wants to know what I think. She tells me what's going on, and then she pauses and waits for my response and my "Older Sisterly Advice". This one is easy for me. I'm a talker, so I love to give advice. In fact I'll advise you out of your mind. Its just in my nature. I'm a girl-talker. Its what I do. So Alyssa tells me her problems, I give her advice.
Now, Abby. My babiest sissy who I have known my whole life and I love so dearly. You'd think that with her it would be old hat. I know her, I love her. Therefore I know how to show her love, correct? No. Apparently not. I am learning that in severe contrast to Alyssa, Abby just wants to talk. (If you can get it out of her) and then she wants to be loved and coddled (as we all need to be sometimes!) but not adviced to death! Now, I'm not saying that Abby NEVER asks my opinion, she does; but for the most part, the best way (and trust me people, it has taken me 18 years to learn this!) is just to love her by being silent. Wow. Now that one is hard for me. But do you know what? I get so much joy out of it! As I am learning to love by being silent, I am also experiencing joy from it!
On to Daniel. I am still trying to figure this guy out. (I probably will be for the rest of my life!) My newest favorite quality that I have discovered in Daniel, is loyalty. He is so loyal to people, and ideas, and his faith. So how do I love him in light of this? I tell him the truth when he deserves to know the truth. I dont gossip about him behind his back. I dont analyze his every word. When we have an argument, I dont run to the nearest girlfriend or guyfriend (or sister) to pet my ego. I've learned that sometimes loving takes the form of NOT doing something.
Lastly, how do I love the world?
The world is in darkness, searching for a hope in something. I have the hope that they need, so in light of that, I can love them to Jesus. Maybe my smile to the old couple walking down the street, or my patience with the cashier at the grocery store, or my free cart at Aldi will make someone stop and wonder about me. I hope they see me and say to themselves, "What makes her different?" I hope that they see Jesus in me.
Showing love to others has brought me all kinds of joy this past week. How have you shown love to others?


















Alllllll the cutest pictures!! Love them!!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great thoughtful post Emily ...you should re-link it on V. Day. Your pictures are great too. You gave me lots to think about! Thanks.
ReplyDelete