"Today Was a Fairytale"
My wonderful Valentine's Day began at 12am.
"Happy Valentine's Day, sweetheart." said a voice on the line.
At that moment, I knew it was gonna be a good one.
For breakfast I had Valentine cupcakes in a bowl with milk poured over them. It is really the only proper breakfast to have on a special occasion. I ate this lovely feast while watching Millionaire Matchmaker and enjoying starbucks coffee out of a mug that Daniel gave me last Valentine's Day. I stayed in my jammies for a while, as I always do on laundry days. It only seems right, so that all of the other clothes can be washed.
Meanwhile, I popped in and out of Facebook, enjoying all of the terrific Valentine's Day statuses, and smiling as I read what my girls wrote on my wall. Each one of them showing me that they love me by dropping a little note.
Early afternoon my sister called me. She got my package that I mailed her. I was so excited, almost as excited as she was. She was nearly jumping up and down as she lugged the package back to her dorm. I think her favorite thing (and maybe mine too ;)) out of the whole package was the little "Grow Your Own Boyfriend". ;) She shared with me of her encounter with her current crush. She handed out the Valentines I had sent for her roommates. I was so happy to bring such shouts of delight. :)
As I listened and smiled at my sister's response to her package, I couldn't help but notice a UPS truck pull up in my driveway. My heart skipped a beat as he brought a package up to my door. It was from Daniel! He sent me Gummy Bears, which he always sends me because they are tradition, Chocolate, a small stuffed Elmo, the Michael Kors perfume that I love to death, and a lovely love letter that told me of his top 5 best memories with me. :)
I decided to dress up for work tonight. I mean, why not? It is a special day, so why not treat it like one? I took a long shower, turned on my Valentine's Day playlist, did my make-up, (including some very Valentiney lipstick) and put my hair up. I considered heels, but went with gold flats instead (good choice). While I was getting ready, Daniel called me and told me that he had received his package too! I was so excited and so was he. :)
As I drove home from work, I listened to Dililah, and thought of how lucky I am to be in a relationship with my best friend in the world. After I got home, I got into my comfy PJs and watched "Valentine's Day" (omg, I love Ashton Kutcher) while eating the chocolates that Daniel sent me. Then Daniel called, and said "Goodnight" and I told him, "Happy Valentine's Day" one more time.
So; that was my Valentine's Day. Maybe it was unique. No Candle-lit dinners, no flowers, no romantic stroll on the beach.
But all in all, I think it was a pretty tremendous day. :)
"Happy Valentine's Day, sweetheart." said a voice on the line.
At that moment, I knew it was gonna be a good one.
For breakfast I had Valentine cupcakes in a bowl with milk poured over them. It is really the only proper breakfast to have on a special occasion. I ate this lovely feast while watching Millionaire Matchmaker and enjoying starbucks coffee out of a mug that Daniel gave me last Valentine's Day. I stayed in my jammies for a while, as I always do on laundry days. It only seems right, so that all of the other clothes can be washed.
Meanwhile, I popped in and out of Facebook, enjoying all of the terrific Valentine's Day statuses, and smiling as I read what my girls wrote on my wall. Each one of them showing me that they love me by dropping a little note.
Early afternoon my sister called me. She got my package that I mailed her. I was so excited, almost as excited as she was. She was nearly jumping up and down as she lugged the package back to her dorm. I think her favorite thing (and maybe mine too ;)) out of the whole package was the little "Grow Your Own Boyfriend". ;) She shared with me of her encounter with her current crush. She handed out the Valentines I had sent for her roommates. I was so happy to bring such shouts of delight. :)
As I listened and smiled at my sister's response to her package, I couldn't help but notice a UPS truck pull up in my driveway. My heart skipped a beat as he brought a package up to my door. It was from Daniel! He sent me Gummy Bears, which he always sends me because they are tradition, Chocolate, a small stuffed Elmo, the Michael Kors perfume that I love to death, and a lovely love letter that told me of his top 5 best memories with me. :)
I decided to dress up for work tonight. I mean, why not? It is a special day, so why not treat it like one? I took a long shower, turned on my Valentine's Day playlist, did my make-up, (including some very Valentiney lipstick) and put my hair up. I considered heels, but went with gold flats instead (good choice). While I was getting ready, Daniel called me and told me that he had received his package too! I was so excited and so was he. :)
I got him an hour's session at a recording studio, and so we were discussing all of the possibilities that went along with that. As I talked to Daniel, I heard little feet running up to my room. Who should it be, but my littlest Valentine of all! Mercedes came in (wearing a red tutu no less) and gave me valentine hugs that only a four-year old can give. She proudly showed me all of her lovely Valentines that she got at preschool today, and even regifted a pretty pink heart shaped bracelet (that might fit on my big toe) for me. :)
I gave her a card that I had bought for her and a picture of the two of us at Christmas. She was so cute when she opened it, because even though she can't read the card, she flipped out like I had just given her a million dollars. She grabbed the picture and smooched it, saying, "I love it!" It was so cute! Then I let her tell Daniel, "Happy Valentine's Day" which she did with a little shy smile (she has the slightest crush on him).
I talked to Daniel my whole way to work, and I wasnt even the teensiest bit sad to go to work. I was actually excited. My excitement did not fail me either, as it proved to be quite an exciting evening. Several couples came in, the guys spoiling their ladies. Other guys came in alone and started with, "I know, I really waited until the last minute...". It was so much fun to be able to help people enjoy their Valentine's Day. One lady told me she was sorry that I had to work on Valentine's Day, but I told her not to be. I'd rather work and let other people who have their loves nearby to spend time with them. :) It was a very rewarding night at work. Even my boss showed a little love, by packing up all of the trash for me (seriously, I hate doing it, I was sooooo glad he did it for me!).
I hopped into bed, ready to turn out the light when I saw a letter on my bed. I opened it up and it was from my little sister. She wished me a happy Valentine's Day and told me that she "Missed me more than a fat kid on a diet misses cake." that's pretty darn serious!
But all in all, I think it was a pretty tremendous day. :)









Glad you had such a fun day! I want to attack the picture of Cede with kisses. Her is so koot in her red tutu!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day in spite of the distance...I think the Lord blessed your sweet
ReplyDeletespirit of joy and helpfulness even with working on V. Day!
I second Susan's comment. (I would Gretchen's too, but she's not my niece:)!) I thought the exact same things when I read your blog. Good testimony, Emily!
ReplyDeleteThank you guys, it really was a fun night at work, and a very good day.
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you Jesus for giving me grace and a great day! :)