Thanks: 680-701

Yesterday, our pastor said that one way to protect ourselves from sin is to be thankful. That reemphasized my need to do this every week. Especially since I know the coming weeks may be a little difficult for me as both Daniel and my sister (and a few other of my friends) are going back to college in the far away land called Florida. I am just trying to be thankful for the beautiful time I had with them all summer. Its so wonderful to spend quality time with the people you love.

Daniel left this morning, and though we will be united in a couple of days when I take my sister; I was still battling the early stages of melancholy. Providentially, I opened my Bible to Psalm 121, my Quiet Time passage of the day. God was so faithful to bring those beautiful words to life and they held so much meaning, so much more than when I have read that Psalm in times past. The Bible is truly the Living Word.

Psalm 121:4-5 "Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper [protector, bodyguard, helper, eternal watchman]: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand."

Today I am thanking God for:

680. Playing dress-up.

681. Roses

682. Words of a song sent to ease my heart as I dread the upcoming days.

683. A sermon on sin, so encouraging that we are no longer conquered by it!

684. A boyfriend that "gets it". I am a very lucky ducky!

685. Dollhouse flooring.

686. New clothes!

687. Talks about stuff that matters.

688. Having one of my best friends back in town.

689. Creme Brulee. Whoever invented that stuff should get a statue in their honor!

690. Being a woman!

691. Making Caramel corn, and pleasing a crowd.

692. Being the mom of the group.

693. Being told that I am one of their favorites.

694. A new quiet time dairy. New days, new insights, new commitments!

695. Spending as much time with that guy as possible. Even doctors appointments and license renewals can't separate us. :)

696.  New (to me anyway!) shirt to wear for my date. Older sisters are the best!

697. The prospect of this being the last time.

698. A dad who sees the importance of staying a few days.

699. Jr. High kids who want to know truth, and then share it with others.

700. Psalm 121; and a God who knows just what I need to hear.

Thank you Jesus!

Oh! and I almost forgot: #701; KARAOKE NIGHT!

Comments

  1. Hey, I've never had creme brulee! I need to put that on my "to do" list. I found a "low carb" key lime pie recipe you might want to try! It was in my new issue of Southern Living!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts