10 X 10.

10 X 10 = 100!

Today I am celebrating my 100th blog post! I started blogging almost exactly a year ago. August 13th 2010. I can't believe its already been that long, or that I've kept up with it! I have learned so much about myself and what I really enjoy through blogging. It is a great creative outlet for me!

Since today marks my 100th blog post, I am going to celebrate ten Top Tens.


1.) Top Ten 2011 Summer Memories:

1. Day trip to Louisville to the Recording Studio
2. Bonfire at the Wells
3. Rantoul Pool with Daniel, Lydia, and Joseph
4. Buffalo Pizza in N.Y.
5. Golf in N.Y.
6. Photo Shoot with Natalie
7. King's Island
8. Swimming with Abby and Alyssa at Aunt Susie's
9. Watching Confessions of a Shopaholic with Daniel
10. Georgetown Fair

2.) Top Ten Blog Posts:

1. Homes "cool" - Gret Reads 24/7

2. Nella Cordelia: A Birth Story - Enjoying the Small Things

3. A Child I Love - J.O.Y.- Next to Last

4. 4th & 5th Grade Life Lessons - Mom's Heart 48

5. "I don't want to do this." - the Journey

6. Knock You Naked Brownies - The Pioneer Woman Cooks

7. My Dear Darling Sister - Gret Reads 24/7

8. My First Love - Next to Last

9. "We Love You, Aunt Abby!" - Gret Reads 24/7

10. Chapter One - Elmo's World

3.) Top Ten Pictures that I have taken:
Have you ever snapped a picture, not really thinking about it, and then later thought, "Wow, I got really lucky on that one"? Well...these are my top ten of those.












4.) Top Ten Answers to Prayer:

There are certain things you just can’t help but remember how God was there for you. I know that there are many more than 10, but I just took the top ten that came to mind.

  1. My mom’s first stroke. I was still in high school, and I hadn’t even been able to drive that long. All I remember was being really scared and praying like there was no tomorrow. My prayer was answered. My mom had a teeny tiny stroke called a TI. It was barely anything and caused no brain damage at all.
  2. I prayed that God would help me to be able to afford my college without getting into debt. So far so good. I am very near my goal of completely paying my tuition. The way everything came together, is super miraculous, but it would take a while to write it all out and so I’ll save it for a later post.
  3. I pray for the spiritual growth of my sisters and Daniel (not that they need more growth than I do, by any means!). Its amazing how many times God has revealed to me just how specifically he is answering that prayer.
  4. I prayed for a good pastor to come to our church, one with lots of kids. My mom prayed that they would have sons. :)
  5. I prayed to find a job. I had three job offers this month alone!
  6. I prayed that I would pass my Chemistry class (and many others) and God was so faithful. I would literally sit there and pray as I took my tests. I had no clue what I was doing. Chemistry is NOT for me. God gave me a B. God gave me a B. Emily did nada to get a B.
  7. I prayed for my niece, Mercedes’, salvation. She and I are so very similar. She deals with a lot of fear and I was identical at that age. It is good to learn at a young age to give over your fears to Jesus. I am so happy that she has also given her life over to Him, and asked Him to be her savior and cleanse her sin.
  8. I prayed for the salvation of other people I know; or the opportunity to talk to them. God is faithful in bringing about those opportunities, and some of them have gotten saved.
  9. Getting accepted at Boyce, DACC, and now Southwest Bible College.
  10. Peace beyond compare at the moment I need it. How many nights have I laid awake, thinking about stuff that I just need to let go of? Just hurt, bruised, confused, angry, sad? Missing my mom. Angry at Daniel. Nursing bitterness. Yet, the moment I ask; God brings the peace that only he can bring. That above all else is what proves His reality. There is nothing like it.
5.) Top Ten Things that Cost < $10:

1. Mcdonald's Sweet Tea - $1

2. Soffe Softball Shorts - $7

3. Bath and Body Works 3 for $5 candles - $5

4. Febreeze - $3

5. Song from Itunes - $1.29

6. 2 Pairs of Flip Flops from Old Navy - $5

7. 6 Donuts from Casey's - $6

8. Starbucks Coffee - $9.95 (actually it may be $10...but I couldnt leave it off...)

9. Elf Make-Up Brushes - $1

10. Redbox movie rental - $1

6.) Top Ten Days of My Life:

1. The day of my salvation! April, 1996

2. The day I dedicated my life to ministry, and more importantly; to Jesus! June, 2005

3. July, 17, 1992 - the day my little sister was born.

4. April 17th, 2007 - the day Daniel told me he loved me.

5. A winter day in 2007, Daniel and my first Christmas together. We went sledding and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I just remember it was an awesomely fun night.

6. My 16th birthday party. So much effort made by my sisters and mother!! :) May-2005

7. My Graduation open-house. If I had ever doubted if I was loved; I would never doubt again after that day! So many wonderful people all under one roof! May-2007

8. My senior year Spring Formal. New boyfriend, new dress, new outlook on life. May -2007

9. Hamaderjam Night. Best night ever sans my boyfriend and baby sister. - Spring 2011

10. August 20, 2010-First ever alone date with Daniel.

7.) Top Ten Good Investments:


  1. CELL PHONE - I honestly cannot remember how I ever lived without mine. It has changed my life! I am able to keep in touch with all of the wonderful people I want to keep in touch with, and not keep in touch with all of those I dont want to keep in touch with! Miraculous!
  2. Quiet Time Diary - If you ever struggle with doing your daily devotions, the Word of Life Quiet Time diary, helps you to stay right on track, it keeps you where you need to be with short daily devotions, that allow you to discover what God has for you in His Word that day. It also has pages to write prayer requests (and answered prayers), and daily prayer lists to remember who to pray for.
  3. A Quality Purse - I used to laugh at this and say, "No thanks, my $10 one is just as cute". It may be just as cute, but it rarely made it through a month, much less an entire season. I wear my purses out! I carry a lot in them, and I carry them everywhere, so I need one that can handle all of that! I finally forked over the $40 (still a deal!) at TJ Maxx for a leather purse. I love that bag and this will be my second Fall using it. :)
  4. Water Bottle - I never ever used to carry a water bottle with me, but now I realize how much money I save on buying drinks! Its so convenient too! Plus, I drink a lot more water if I have it with me than I do if I'm only drinking water while I'm at home.
  5. Decent Sunglasses - I would never be the type to buy $50 sunglasses, however there is a strong difference between $5 sunglasses from Charlotte Russe, and $15 sunglasses from Target; its called a whole Spring and Summer difference. Last year I bought new sunglasses for Spring Break, and bought a total of four pairs through the Spring and Summer. This year, I got a pair at Target for Spring break, and they just broke a couple of weeks ago.
  6. A Little Black Dress - You already knew this one, surely.
  7. Pearl earrings - Ever since that glorious Christmas, two years ago, when Daniel bought me my pearl earrings, I have lived by this tried and true investment. Those earrings are my main lifeline to sophistication. I can have no make-up on, and be wearing sweats, but with those in my ears; I'm Audrey Hepburn, Baby!
  8. Camera - A Nice point and shoot. Nothing fancy, nothing with crazy lenses and blah-blah-blah. Just a plain simple, yet nice, camera. It does wonders in your life. It helps me see beauty.
  9. Internet - Well duh...
  10. Gold Flats - Is there any outfit, on this planet that these shoes do not go with? I am now officially on my third pair. I love them. I bought my first pair in highschool, and flats weren't even all that cool yet, but I had mine. RocketDogs from TJ Maxx. They were preshy, and I got a million complements on them (although I'm not sure how anyone saw them since I wore them with my flares...) Then, I got a cheapy cheap pair from American Eagle that were too small... So thus, I am on my third pair. Actually from Payless, but they are AWESOME! They go with dressy dresses, casual dresses, dress pants, skirts, jeans, shorts, capris...etc... you name it, they match it! Heck, I'd even wear them with my swimsuit.

8.) Top Ten People I Can Talk too:

and not necessarily in this order....

1. Jesus - I wish I talked to Him more!

2. Daniel - One of the best listeners in the world.

3. Abby - Helps me not sweat the small stuff.

4. Anna - Been there, done that.

5. Gretchen - Godly advice.

6. Shea - Years of practice.

7. Natalie - Perfect conversationalist.

8. Faith - Trusted opinion.

9. Josiah - Funny, yet thoughtful.

10. Jessica - Best interest at heart.


9.) Top Ten Stores to Find Good Bargains:

1. Old Navy - Old Navy might just be my top favorite store of all time. I never ever buy anything unless its on sale, because their sales are so very very frequent. If you wait a little while; you can get it on sale! Plus, their beginning prices aren't all that bad, so when its on sale; you're getting a deal.

2. Gap - Gap is a little on the pricey side for me, but they do have some good deals. Because of the amazing quality and fit of their clothing, they are well worth the money. They always have sale racks and most of them are like 50% off or more (not like some measly 10%). Plus, if you get the emails, their online coupons are great!

3. Maurices - I'm not a huge frequenter of this store, but they do have good deals. They also have a large stock of dress clothes, unlike the Old Navy or other more inexpensive retailers. They dont have sales as often as Old Navy, but when they have a sale, they have a SALE! Their clothes quickly clearance to like 75% off. Especially at the end of the season. I have gotten some great deals there in the past.

4. TJ Maxx - If you want designer brands; this is where you have to go. I dont shop there nearly as much as I used to; but they really have some great stuff sometimes. Thats the keyword; "sometimes." There are no guarantees just like at goodwill or Big Lots. You have to look, and look hard, but you are usually rewarded for your diligent looking. Remember, these are designer clothes, so while it may still be on the pricey-ish side, it is a huge markdown.

5. American Eagle - I dont shop here often for myself (although I have gotten a couple cute things) but its awesome, awesome, awesome for inexpensive guys clothes. Honestly, even their regular priced stuff is not that bad compared to a lot of mens stores, but the even better news is that they have sale stuff all of the time! If I'm shopping I just run to the back and check out the clearance stuff. I can almost always find something for Daniel that I know he will love. I buy him a lot of button downs for school there, because I can get them for like $15-20, while still knowing that they are nice quality.  

6. Target - Honestly, Target can be iffy. I find stuff now and then, but its usually just sales on regular priced stuff rather than clearance stuff. I have found cute stuff in clearance a couple of times but it was more chance then anything. The racks are often difficult to go through, and the sizes are always the 6XL or the XXXS In which case neither I, nor anyone I know, can fit them. However, I dont throw them out, because they have relatively inexpensive dressy dresses so they're  good for special occasions. Plus their accessories are pretty inexpensive as well.

7. Payless - Inexpensive all of the time. Their shoes look like any other shoes. They may not last as long, so if you're a person that wears the same pair of shoes for five years, or if you need specific shoes for sports, then this may not be your choice. However, if you are like me, and want new shoes every season, then payless is just as good as anybody else. I can honestly say that the two pairs of shoes I get complemented on most (besides my bronze $10 Old Navy gladiators) are both from Payless. Thats because I am willing to be a little daring when I buy shoes that aren't as expensive. I have plenty of room to be risky.

8. Bath and Body Works - BBW is a store that you can always find a good deal! They almost always have clearance, coupons, and other deals going on. My best advice: combine deals and coupons, and ask the associates how to get the most for your money. They are trained to tell you that information, not to mention they have lots of experience from using coupons themselves! My favorite BBW deal? 3 for $5 mini candles. They will make the whole room smell awesome!

9. Charlotte Russe - Another store with inexpensive prices to begin with. However, they're pretty openly lacking in the quality department. I use them mostly for their jewelry! They have adorable and fun costume jewelry for seriously nothing! You can get gorgeous necklaces and earrings that would cost quite a bit somewhere else, for less than $5! I always go there if I have an event to go to but I can't afford to buy a new outfit. I just buy a couple of pieces of jewelry, and it makes me feel like I have something new to wear!

10. Gordman's - What Gordman's lacks in style, it makes up for in price. I am not a huge frequenter, just because its not really my kind of clothes, but the plus side is that they have housewares as well, and they are a fraction of the price that they would be anywhere else. I have also found some great purses, jewelry, shoes, and cosmetics for very little. Two of my favorite necklaces came from Gordman's and people are always shocked when I tell them that. Also, my eye shadow that I wear daily; I got there! It was like 1.99 for this whole compact!

10.) Top Ten Summer Songs:
To hear any of the songs listed below; just scroll down to my playlist.

1. Free - Zac Brown Band

2. Our Kind of Love - Lady Antebellum

3. Deeper than the Holler - Randy Travis

4. Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band

5. Gone Country - Alan Jackson

6. Country Must be Countrywide - Brantley Gilbert

7. Knee Deep - Zac Brown Band

8. Hey Stephen - Taylor Swift

9. I Like it, I Love it - Tim McGraw

10. As She's Walking Away - Zac Brown Band

I'm a little bit of a Zac Brown Band fan... :)

Comments

  1. I loved this!!!!!!!!!!

    Actually, I think you mentioned me 4 times. :)
    I feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! What a list of Country Music songs! WTG. :) I LOVED the photos. Especially the crabby Cede one. ;)

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts