Thanks: 309-329

I've been getting such an encouragement from the commentary for Luke as I do my Quiet Time each morning. The author is Dr. Marshall Wicks, and its like I get him. When he says something, it clicks for me. So today, was the end of Luke 11, where Jesus is rebuking the Pharisees, and I love what Dr. Wicks writes. He says, "Jesus preached a message that empowered the poor in spirit. He offered a righteousness that was there for those who asked, accepting the outcasts and sinners. He let a sinful woman wash his feet and ate with people that the religious crowd cross the street to avoid. His was an inconvenient message." Wow. How many times a day do I focus on the convenience of something? So, I am thanking God for his conviction in this area, and his encouragement that he loves a poor wretched sinner like me.

309. Peace when the world seems to be crumbling.

310. The hugs of a four year old. They will heal any wound, I sware.

311. Confidence that you dont have to pretend to be what you're not.

312. A listening ear, even in the midst of a busy time.

313. The perfect Valentine's Day present for a special someone. (annnd a good deal on it!)

314. A like-minded heart to spend time with.

315. The ability to drink coffee.

316. For a request to join in and help with a project.

317. A good study on the Character of God.

318. Helping out at Upward, what a rewarding feeling!

319. A great Bible Study time.

320. The ability to smile and greet others at the Nursing Home and the blessings I receive from doing it!

321. That God doesn't give up on me when I fall down. Or when I whine like a bratty toddler.

322. Two baby boys that are going to be joining my family in May!

323. To hear, "Just call me, anytime. If you need to talk, give me a call."

324. An unexpected email from a friend. :)

325. Wake-up call.

326. Good friends for a good friend.

327. Knowing that God sees the puzzle put all together. What a relief!

328. Cutie pictures of my niecey-poo.

329. A church body that feels like family.


How could I not be thankful for this cutie-girl?? :)

Comments

  1. Such a cute picture of Susi! Anna was telling me about "spiritual gifts" and is now in the process of analyzing everyone in our family ...THIS could get interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my input is:
    Pastor Scott: Teaching
    You: Prophet
    Daniel: Server
    Josiah: Prophet
    Andrew: Exhortation
    Anna: Teaching
    Stephen: Prophet pr Mercy... he's aware of feelings, but also a lover of truth.
    Thats where I'll stop because I dont know the little ones as well. :) So how did I do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good! I think Scott is an exhorter though and Andrew -mercy. Also, Daniel's is a hard one...I tend to lean toward "administration" for him. But I'm not ever sure about any of them...I wonder if spiritual gifts change as you age. (You know the verse about desiring the best gifts...so they must be able to change.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...
    Jessica's thoughts were that they dont change, they just manifest themselves differently. I think they might though, because I am morphing into a half mercy/half server....I never used to have any leadership qualities that a server posesses, but life circumstances have caused me to see some of those things appear.
    Andrew, Mercy? He doesnt seem to have any of the negative affects, so I'll have to ask him his secret. For instance: wallowing in one's own feelings. :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts