Three.

Three prayers that God answered. Just today.

1. I prayed that I would be able to get to class and back to the Marathon station on Georgetown Rd. without running out of gas. I was so nervous! I thought, "What if I get stuck all alone on Main Street!" That is a scary thought for anyone who is from Danville. I had been foolish not to get gas the night before coming home from Natalie's house. I did not want to stop so late at night, and the Marathon (where I have a gas card for) was not on the way. I thought I would just get up early and get some on my way to class. When my alarm went off this morning, I completely forgot about the gas. I was running late, so I didn't even look at the gauge until I was halfway to school. It was too late then. So I prayed that God would please get me to the Marathon station, and He did!

2. I did not actually pray a prayer, but God protected me anyway. As I pulled into the church parking lot after leaving the gas station, my engine started smoking ferociously! I could not believe it! What if that had happened while I was driving? Or what if it would have happened on the other side of town? Instead, it happened while I was already in the safety of the church parking lot, where my dad's car was conveniently waiting for me. Praise the Lord!

3. I decided that since I had a little break after class today, I would check into a part-time job I have been thinking about. My prayer was not that I would get the job, but that it would be an encouraging visit, and that I could at least leave with an optimistic spirit. The last time I went job hunting was before my mom died, and I remember how discouraged I got. I am a very sensitive (overly-so at times) person, and every time someone looked me up and down and said, "We're not hiring". I felt so rejected. It may seem funny to you, but it was really hard for me, and I dreaded doing that again. So when I went in, the lady had nothing but kind words for me. She said she was unable to hire me today, but that she was definitely in need of someone and my schedule sounded perfect. So, even though I don't know if I have the job or not, I was still very encouraged!

God has been teaching me about prayer for a long time now. I know that this will not be the last post about His providential care. It seems that times where my life is full of prayer, where my immediate reaction is to turn to Him, are times of great blessing for me. When somehow I find myself too busy to pray, or to immediately turn to him with my suffering, those are the times where I find myself in a bitter struggle with the flesh. How awesome it is that we can turn to this mighty God in our times of distress! The same God who created the entire universe cares if I, Emily Susan Benzing, run out of gas. He is loving indeed! 

Comments

Popular Posts