Sheet Pan Eggplant Parm.

      I’d like to start sharing some recipes on my blog, especially when I try a new one that works out really well for me, so I can look it back up later with my own revisions. So this is for me, not you. Haha. Jk.
      When I was approaching my due date with Rosalie, a few people suggested making Eggplant Parmesan to induce labor. I tried it and it didn’t work...  but that wasn’t the worst part. It seriously took me like 3 hours to make. We ended up going and getting Culver’s that night. No joke. 
  • This recipe is originally from Food Network, but I did modify it a little bit, so my version is below:
Olive oil.
1 Medium or large eggplant, slices into approx. 1/2 inch rounds 
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup Italian Panko
1 jar favorite marinara sauce 
1 package sliced mozzarella cheese
1/4. Cup shredded Parmesan cheese 

(This made enough for Daniel and I to both eat a generous serving... it would have probably fed three, and maybe four if you had a bigger eggplant.) 

Preheat oven to 450.
Place empty sheet pan into the oven for at least 10 minutes. I just left it in while I prepped the rest of the ingredients. 
Put flour in one dish, beaten egg in another, and panko in a third. 
Take a slice of eggplant and dredge both sides in flour, then egg, then panko. Repeat with all slices of eggplant.
Take sheet pan out of the oven, brush (or pour if you’re me) about 2TBSP (or just eyeball it.. lol) so that the surface is generously covered with oil. 
Work quickly, so that your pan stays hot. 
Place each piece of prepped eggplant onto the sheet pan.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Flip eggplant and bake another 8 minutes. 
Pull sheet pan out of the oven (carefully, don’t burn those fingers... unless of course you’d like to rob a bank later). 
Put a nice-sized spoonful of marinara on each eggplant slice.
Cover with mozzarella slices 
Lower oven temp to 350 and bake until cheese is melted. It took mine about 8 minutes. 
Heat up extra marinara.
I placed a few slices of the eggplant on a plate, covered with extra marinara, and sprinkled on the parm cheese. 

So so so so so delicious. Like so good. 


So good, I forgot to take a picture before I took a bite. 


Best part is, it took me like 20 minutes start to finish. 

Try it if you’re trying to induce labor. 
Or just because it’s so yummy. I will definitely be making this one again! 




Comments

Popular Posts