Post Wedding Post! :)

So as you all know, we have just returned from our honeymoon and are finally beginning to settle back into the real world.

Admittedly I was nervous that I would be filled with all these senses of post-wedding blues. Four months (although less than most) is a long time to dedicate to single event. So much attention, preparation, and money goes into that one day, and then its all over. I had sincere worries that I would be a mess afterward. That I would miss the "looking forward to" feeling.

Instead; I feel an amazing sense of relief. No more stress, no more planning, no more "all about me". The hardest part (by far) about planning my wedding was when people asked, "What do you want?" because really...I had no idea. and in case you don't know....they ask you that a lot when you're planning a wedding.


I said "yes" to the dress!
 
I think the whole process grew me in ways that I had no idea it would. I had to assert myself, say "yes" and "no". Make decisions and allow myself to rely on other people. All in all it turned out to be  the most amazing experience of my life. Starting with the engagement, right on through the honeymoon. Evey moment was filled with joy and the reminder that I have a great support team who's got my back.

Honestly, I do not know what is common for weddings. Maybe everyone has a huge entourage of people practically breaking down the door to help out. Maybe everyone has miraculous providential experiences that blow their minds. Or maybe, just maybe...I am exceedingly and abundantly blessed.

From day one we had people stepping in to help. Actually before day one. I cant even remember for sure when people started offering help. If I began to list all of the people who offered time, energy, resources, creative expertise, etc to make our beautiful day a success, then the list would never end.

Do all brides say that? Maybe. Do all brides mean it? I don't think so. but I do! I do!

My bacheleorette party! :)


There were countless times that I would say to Daniel; "I just don't think I will be able to do this" speaking of some part of the planning...and within days, someone would have volunteered to fulfill the role. The love of our blood family and our church family was overwhelming.

Facials the night before.
 
A special thanks goes out to my lovely bridesmaids, for without them--I would have been lost. From throwing me my personal shower, to taking me out for my bacheleorette, to adding special touches here and there, and being willing to literally do whatever I needed, I am truly grateful. They allowed me to step back and enjoy the day. Chalkboard signs at three a.m. aren't really anyone's cup of tea. ;)

Shea and Abby....chalboard signs!
 
Also, a special thanks to my mother-in-law, who really tried to balance role of groom's mother without stepping on my toes. She went out of her way to give me breathing room, yet still helped out in any way that she could. Respect and sincere love go a long way!

At my bridal shower with one of my sisters in law, my other in law, and Daniel's aunt Rebecca.
 
Lastly, thanks to my dad. This whole thing was such an intense mix of emotion for him (for all of us really, but for him the most). He is so happy to see me married to Daniel. He loves Daniel, and they are really great friends, but he is so sad to see me leave and I can tell that the whole experience opened up freshly bound wounds. He was such a trooper though. He helped me so much! He offered financial help and practical help and random errands that I had totally forgotten about. He opened up his home to 150 guests, and allowed me to turn my crazy fantasies into reality. He really is the greatest father-of-the-bride ever.

Hang tight--a wedding post will be coming, but I am waiting for pictures!

Some of our biggest blessings:

My dress--on clearance for $200!
Daniel's tux--FREE!
Trip to Jamaica--Groupon Deal (which Daniel's grandmother graciously helped us with)
Our rings! Mine $1700, on sale for $400!! And they arrived days before the wedding!
Our gifts at our wedding and our shower were way above what we expected!


Truly we say "thank you", to all of you!

Comments

Popular Posts