Selective Organization.

Apparently I have "selective organization". Like how kids have "selective hearing" that allows them to completely tune out mothers and teachers, but to be able to hear the ice cream truck 50 miles away in the middle of a rainstorm. That is how I am with organization. In college I was always really organized because organization is what prevented me from being completely stressed out. I always kept a little planner, and made sure that my assignments were done well ahead of time. (mostly...until I learned that I work good under pressure...) I also like the contents of my purse to be organized. Every so often I clean it out, making sure there is a place for everything from license to lip gloss.

So, "How," you ask, "is your room a complete mess, and your house on no organizational schedule whatsoever?" Like I said, I'm selective. I was thinking the other day about how organized I plan on being with my kids [far, far down the road...don't get any ideas] . I want them each to have monogrammed laundry baskets in which everything is placed neatly and ready for me to wash on Thursday. Thursday sounds like a good laundry day right? I laugh because I know that's as far fetched as my closet staying organized for more than a day.

This brings me to my next point. I have decided to be more organized with my blog. Not yet, no. Summer is still here, and summer is the Queen Mother of all disorganized behaviors. I never have time to organize my purse, much less organize all of my thoughts and put them into something neat and tidy. So this is just a preview of whats to come. I am planning.... ::drumroll:: to post regularly! 

Starting this fall, or more like when Daniel returns to school [don't kill me for saying the S word!], I plan on posting three times a week.

Monday, I will plan on doing my normal thankfulness post, and kind of highlight of the week post.

Wednesday, I will plan on posting about something spiritual. Something from my quiet time, a book, church...

Friday, I want to try to post something about a hobby or passion of mine. I am thinking fashion, but who knows, maybe I'll get really creative. Anyway, I thought it sounded fun.

I feel like consistency is what I need to keep my readers interested. Hopefully, I will keep you interested. Mind you that writers block will hit every third week or so, causing a small shift in my semi-organizational attempts. Its a start though, right?

I hope you are continuing to enjoy your summer! I know I am!

Comments

  1. I have been thinking about doing the same thing! ...Getting organized--that is!:) Life just comes so fast, and the messes faster! Anyway, I will look forward to reading your new scheduled blog.

    By the way, if God would let you know the gender and number of babies you were going to have, I would make up those laundry baskets now! It's a great idea and if you can get a jumpstart....go for it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma -- just make me some laundry baskets, ok? :) Susie and Chip. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love your blog posts. Three times a week--hooray! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts