Yum.

I have oft wished that I could be a food blogger. Trying all of those delicious recipes and then writing about them, seemed like the perfect pairing of two of my favorite things.

So today I am pretending to be the foodie that I'm truly not.

Whilst in upstate New York a few summers ago, Daniel and I were exploring the little town where we were staying. Its one of those towns that doesn't even have a Walmart, so if you need anything you better hope they carry it at the Dollar General, or the local super market.

Our wandering lead us to the loveliest little pizzeria. If my memory serves me right it was like an Irish pizza place...which makes no since but fits perfectly into little towns with minimal civilization.

I'm sure our discussion on what to order was a lengthy one, and we probably debated on getting a pizza or stepping out of the box and trying something else. I do remember that we kept our rule of thumb for new restaurants: "Try not to order something that you can get somewhere else".

So regardless of the reason, Buffalo Chicken Pizza caught our eye, and we were in for a pleasant surprise.

The best thing about the pizza is the huge chunks of bleu cheese that are melted perfectly. To be honest, before eating this pizza, I was unaware that bleu cheese even melted like that.
After drooling and dreaming about that pizza for a year, we were back the following summer, and Daniel and I knew we had to make the trek back to that lovely joint. Much to our dismay, our waitress informed us they were out of pizza dough for the day (right.. how can a pizzeria be out of pizza dough, I have no earthly idea), but we figured out that if we timed it right, we could make it back the day before we left, and still manage to enjoy our yearly treat.

We went back on the last day of our trip and we ordered the pizza. More bad news--apparently that pizza was no longer on the menu, but when we explained our plight she said she would see what she could do, and the chef did a special number for us.

After that dramatic experience that we never wished to repeat again, my sister and I did some experimentation and came us with our best try--and its pretty good!

Schroon Lake Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Pkg. Refrigerated Pizza Dough
Frozen Buffalo wings, cooked according to package
Mozzarella Cheese
Feta Cheese
Bleu Cheese
Olive Oil
Favorite Brand Buffalo Sauce
Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing


Bake dough according to package. Brush with a generous amount of olive oil. Sprinkle mozz. cheese, feta cheese, and a LOT of bleu cheese. Chop up buffalo wings and sprinkle them on the pizza. Bake another 6-8 minutes at 350 or until the cheese is all melted. When the pizza is cooked drizzle buffalo sauce onto the pizza. Use blue cheese dressing to dip.

Enjoy!!!
The original beauty.

Comments

Popular Posts