Long time no post....
I have been gone such a long time!
Just so everyone is clear, I took a break due to my laptop taking a lovely little nosedive into the abyss of nothingness. I still dont have a laptop, and I am too cheap to get a new one. Seeing as my dearest sister will be home in a couple of weeks, and I can mooch off of her to my hearts content.
I did have just a few words to share.
Unfortunately they are late. This post was meant to be shared on April 17th which is my niece's birthday and also a really special day for another reason.
Daniel and I have been together for five whole years.
Four and a half of those years have been long-distance.
For fun, I got out my diary and read my entry on April 17, 2007. This is not a quote, but it said something like, "So, I can now say that Daniel McCurdy is my first official boyfriend!" haha. So funny! I was so infatuated with him. It was like I worshiped the freakin ground he tread upon... Funny how some things don't change...
No but really. Someday I'm going to sit down and write a post about the beauty of being in a long distance relationship.Because its just that. Its beautiful. It keeps us excited to be in the presence of one another. I cannot imagine ever getting over just being with him, and what that means to me.
But even if it is beautiful, I am beyond thrilled to say that this is the last time. He will graduate and be home. And this girl is a counting down. We are at 14 days.
I think I can I think I can. That is so my tagline.
I love you, Daniel. Thank you for five wonderful years of my life. We have experienced many trials and rough days, but we have also grown incredibly since that day five years ago. God has allowed us to grow closer to one another, and ultimately closer to Him. That is my hope. That each day that you and I get closer to one another, that we would also be getting closer to Jesus, and living our lives in a way that He would look at us and say, "Well done my good and faithful servants!" I hope that I can serve and love and worship alongside you for many many more years. Thank you for being my dearest. Even on dark days.
-Emily.
Just so everyone is clear, I took a break due to my laptop taking a lovely little nosedive into the abyss of nothingness. I still dont have a laptop, and I am too cheap to get a new one. Seeing as my dearest sister will be home in a couple of weeks, and I can mooch off of her to my hearts content.
I did have just a few words to share.
Unfortunately they are late. This post was meant to be shared on April 17th which is my niece's birthday and also a really special day for another reason.
Daniel and I have been together for five whole years.
Four and a half of those years have been long-distance.
For fun, I got out my diary and read my entry on April 17, 2007. This is not a quote, but it said something like, "So, I can now say that Daniel McCurdy is my first official boyfriend!" haha. So funny! I was so infatuated with him. It was like I worshiped the freakin ground he tread upon... Funny how some things don't change...
No but really. Someday I'm going to sit down and write a post about the beauty of being in a long distance relationship.Because its just that. Its beautiful. It keeps us excited to be in the presence of one another. I cannot imagine ever getting over just being with him, and what that means to me.
But even if it is beautiful, I am beyond thrilled to say that this is the last time. He will graduate and be home. And this girl is a counting down. We are at 14 days.
I think I can I think I can. That is so my tagline.
I love you, Daniel. Thank you for five wonderful years of my life. We have experienced many trials and rough days, but we have also grown incredibly since that day five years ago. God has allowed us to grow closer to one another, and ultimately closer to Him. That is my hope. That each day that you and I get closer to one another, that we would also be getting closer to Jesus, and living our lives in a way that He would look at us and say, "Well done my good and faithful servants!" I hope that I can serve and love and worship alongside you for many many more years. Thank you for being my dearest. Even on dark days.
-Emily.


Comments
Post a Comment